Thursday, March 15, 2012

Midterm Portfolio Revision

    In my revision of the midterm portfolio I first sought to read through Mr. Frank's comments on my draft. The comments I received insisted me to further my explanation of sources and come up with a solution to the problem. I read through my entire essay in order to figure out what I need to organize and where to add my solution. While reading I noticed some simple grammatical errors and I fixed them. I also added onto one of my sources. I wanted to further evaluate its meaning and purpose in my essay. I felt that I did not fully explain what my paper was about. By evaluating and elaborating on this one idea, the reader may have a better understanding of why I chose that piece. I would like to do this to all of my sources. After reading my essay I did realize that the main purpose was kind of lost and unclear. In order to make my point more transparent I created notes on the things I needed to add and where I should add them. For example, I wrote that I should create a solutions paragraph near the end of the essay.
    I did consider replacing one of my sources for a source that referred to the other side of the issue, however I decided not to fulfill this consideration. I realized that the time searching for another work that went against my argument would be too difficult and time consuming. I would rather work and edit with what I already have. In order to acknowledge the other side, I am going to create a paragraph that shows some pros of the injustice of social class by using sources that I already have. I think this could be a beneficial argument to include in my essay, however I will have to be aware of misrepresenting the works I have.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment